Monday, December 3, 2012

Book Review: Derailed

When you're lost, sometimes the only place you can go is home.

Broken over the death of her fiancé, Molly leaves law school to return to her childhood home in North Carolina. Expecting to lay low until she can figure out what else to do with her life, she finds herself in the arms of her high school sweetheart, the boy who represents everything from the past she tried to leave behind.

Looking for an escape, she instead finds a way back to the girl she almost forgot existed and a future she never dreamed possible.




Derailed
Publication Date: 2012
Pages: 260 (ebook)
Part of Series: Clayton Falls #1
Purchased: Review for tour
Rating: 5/5 stars
Buy:  Amazon (US) || Amazon (UK)

REVIEW:
The reason I choose this book was because of the author. I never thought that a name would do that to me, but reading and reviewing a past work of Alyssa Rose Ivy, made me want to read more of her.

This story is simple. Not supernatural creatures here. It tells the story of Molly who one day quits being a law student and moves back into her hometown for a fresh start. The death of her fiance hunts her dreams and she believes that a change of scenery will help her. What she doesn't count on is the things she had left in her hometown before she left. Friends, ex-boyfriend and lots of memories.

The writing was easy. It wasn't difficult to understand and by using many dialogues, the author managed to make it vivid and closer to reality. There were not many descriptions of the places, but all the places are easy to find and construct an image of the city on your own.

If there was something I didn't liked that was how possessive Ben was sometimes. I get that they are in love, but Ben seemed to leave no choice to Molly to think otherwise. Also, there were some things Molly was talking about that sounded very weird, like that she was thinking she was a failure because of not having a job at her twenty-two years or the fact that she wasn't married yet. I mean, to me and my lifestyle, they do sound weird.

Botton line, I liked it. I had a nice time reading it. I was able to forget my problems and focus on someone else's life for a while. I liked how romantic it was and it made me jealous for not having that kind of love. I cannot wait to read the next book of the series, which will be very different from this one.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Derailed! I am so glad you enjoyed it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem....In fact, you have became one of my favorite authors....Thank you for the oppurtunity!!

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...