Saturday, September 29, 2012

Newbies - September 2012

For the month of September 2012
We are changing banner to something smaller and more fun, and along we change the way we present the post. Now you get our comments to the books too :D

Nina's
For Review - Caught in a Moment by Martin Dukes (thanks to the author)


1. Ein perfekter Kellner (A Perfect Waiter) by Alain Claude Sulzer
It seems different from anything I've read so far. Plus, it's normal, no supernatural events happening in this book. It would be a great escape, if I find the time.

2. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
It's going to be turned into a movie, and the only copy I found in the bookstore was the translated one. I'm curious to read it before watching the film, which I guess is going to be nice, if I judge correctly according to the cast.

3. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe

4. Robin Des Bois (Robin Hood) by Alexandre Dumas

5. Ben Hur by Lewis Wallace

6. Le Prince et Le Pauvre (The Prince and The Poor) by Mark Twain

I bought from 3-6 for two main reasons: a) Because they are classic and translated in greek and b) because they cost me 3 euros each. They are brand new, not used, and very cheap. And since I had the money, I just couldn't let them go like that.

Yiota's




Bought - A Kingdom Besieged by Raymond Feist
I decided to try and finish the whole series before the last book comes out. I think i'm only 4-5 books behind so i can do it before March 2013! I have to read the last book! It's a 20 year old series we are talking about :D And that must be the book #26 or #27 :p I'm actually waiting another Feist book from BD at the moment. He IS my favorite author after all!

Bought - The Whim of The Dragon by Pamela Dean
Another old series. It's epic fantasy for kids more or less. I've been trying to find those books for over a year. Finally got the last one and i have already finish the whole thing. At some point i need to review it.

Won (@ Loving Books) - Daughter of the Flames by Zoe Marriott
I have no idea really what's the book about. I liked the cover so much, that i just picked this one from the list of the available books. And i'm not referring to that cover, which is really bad but this one!

For Review - Shakespeare v Lovecraft by D.R. O'Brien (thanks to the author!)
Can i really say no? I was way too curious! I found this at Goodreads contests, and the author contact me so it was an easy yes.

For Review - Self-Made Scoundrel by Tristan Tarwater (thanks to the author!)
This is a second book of the series about an elf girl who is a thief. It's quite an interesting story and a really well made book for self published.

What did you get this week? Leave your links at the comments :)

11 comments:

  1. I need to buy Warm Bodies for the exact same reason, but I want the English version, can't settle for stupid translations they always end up making me angry.

    And of course Yiota, give me a moment to squeal about Feist!!! Love him so so much. Have you heard that Magician's End had been handed in to the publishers last week? Can't wait. :) Alhtough it makes me sad that the series will be over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i learned the title for the last book, i got like REALLY sad. I was like "no this can't be happening". It feels worse than HP because, you are so connected with the world and all the characters after so many books. I'm almost afraid to read the last one :S
      The "good" thing is he will start a new series after it.

      Delete
  2. I don't know any of these books but they look lovely. Have fun reading them ;) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Warm Bodies too. It looks so good and I've heard awesome things about it.
    Enjoy your books!
    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm Bodies was fantastic! And oh my, this is a massive haul. I'm not familiar with most of these books but it's nice to see some pretty unheard of books!

    Enjoy your lovely haul!

    x

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice adding new books at your TBR :P

      Delete
  5. I heard a lot of good things about Raymond Feist books. Might be checking them out soon! Thanks for dropping by at my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do prepare yourself, because it's one of the big series ^.^ They are awesome though!

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I hadn't heard of any of these ones before! They sound pretty good though! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...