Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Movie Review: In Time

In future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system.

In Time
Released: 2011
Runtime: 109 mins
Rating: 5/5 stars
Buy: Amazon (UK) || Amazon (US) || Play

REVIEW:
This was a movie that I really wanted to see. And, ok, one of the main reasons was that Alex Pettyfer was playing, but it's been such a long time since I saw a sci-fi movie and I was really looking forward to it.

Firstly, I liked the plot. People who stop aging at the 25th year of their life, and after that they have to live by paying with their time that's left. And at some point, our main character, Will, meet this rich guy, who wants to die, so he gives him his entire time. Instantly, Will becomes rich and tries to find a way to bring time to all the other poor people like him. So, the plot was smart, I would love to stay 25 for ever, even though I'm only 21, but the fact that you have to pay with our time is a big minus. It looked kind of weird to only see young actors, especially when their role was to be a 50-year-old mom (Olivia Wilde) or a 60-year-old godfather (Alex Pettyfer).

Then we have the characters. I really liked that Will wanted justice and that Sylvia, although she's a rich girl, helps Will. Now, I can't say that the actors weren't good in their roles, because I liked all of them. And the directing part was really good too. Well, there weren't many technological achievements, but I guess, stopping aging was a serious technological achievement on its own (I mean, where are the flying cars??).

Bottom line, I really liked it, I even caught myself being anxious and sad at some point. I think you should watch it if you like those type of movies and it was surprising, because the trailer doesn't give you the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...