Sunday, June 17, 2012

Game Review: Max Payne 3

The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family.

The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction. Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.
 

Max Payne 3

Released: June 1, 2012 
Console: PC / XBOX360 / PS3 
Rating: 4/5 stars
Buy:Amazon uk | | Amazon.com


Review: 

Ever since I finished Max Payne 2 I was waiting for the third sequel to this awesome third person shooter franchise. Finally it came out and it was not as awesome as I was expecting but still satisfying enough. Let's see the game in detail.

Gameplay: The gameplay is exactly the same as the other 2 games, thank you developers for that, because it was already perfect so the only thing they could do with it is downgrade it, but luckily they didn't. They added a cooperative multiplayer option to the game that made the game even better but I don't thing it really affected the gameplay. We were already playing the Max Payne 2 game on multiplayer way before it became fashion by trading places with my friends every time one of us died or finished a chapter XD
Also I don't know if it was me or it is true in general but the game seems too hard comparing to the previous Max Payne games. The npcs could make headshots on me even when they were firing blindly from cover. And they could hit me  while I was doing the slow motion jump thing. And all of that on normal difficulty :O

Story: The story is a bit confusing in the first chapters, half of the time I was like "who is this guy, where am I, how did I get here, what am I doing here" but it all ties up together at the later chapters so no problem there. All in all the story was like a good detective story, no sense in the beggining but all ties together near the end.

Graphics: The graphics are AWESOME. When I saw Max Payne on the title I remembered all the good old glitches of corpses flying around, bullets teleporting, guns passing through walls and other funny stuff. All those things are gone, the only funny thing I saw was a body doing a slightly perverted motion with an advertisement panel XD Also at some point I jumped towards a bad guy while shooting him and then I was totally amazed, I landed right next to his feet, he fell on top of me and to get up Max pushed him aside :O

The only bad thing I could find was the huge amount of disk space this game needs, it is about 30GB ! OMG 30GB !? Are you serious ? I finished the game in 2 days :O
Baldur's gate had a month of playtime and it was under 1GB. And don't even try to tell me it is because of the highly advanced graphics, Crysis 2 had better graphics and still was 6GB so shut it. I know first hand that in our days programmers don't think about resources when they are developing but that is just butchering my hard drive.
Still if I were you I would buy it. The game is just like Max Payne 2 only better in many aspects.





1 comment:

  1. Need To Boost Your ClickBank Banner Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your selected ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...