Friday, May 20, 2011

Author Interview: J.F. Jenkins

Busy with interviews lately eh? Here is another great one of J.F.Jenkins (a playstasion fan too!) author of Legends of the Oceina Dragons. And of course once again, thanks to BLB E-book Tours for giving us the chance for it.

Enjoy!!

-Try to describe your book in one sentence.

A dragon, a girl, and their love.

-Your genre in Legend of the Oceina Dragon is YA Fantasy right?. You did that on purpose, or you just start writing?

I knew it would a YA story and a fantasy story when I started writing it. It was the way the story needed to be told. I have others though that I write for different genres, age groups, and in different styles.

-What inspired you to write, you took any ideas from other books, movies etc?

I'm not sure what exactly drew me to writing. It was something I just wanted to do, and one day I sat down and gave it a try. Thirteen some years later, I'm still sitting down and doing it.

-Did you do any research before start or during of the writing of the books?

Not a whole lot. I did some picture things every so often, but other than that, most of this story is created from my own imagination.

-Which scenes were the hardest to write?

I'd say but they'd be huge spoilers, but where some baaaaad things happen.

-How long has it taken you to write a book ?

It depends on the book. This one took me a lot longer than a few others. It's been through a number of drafts. I have another book coming out soon that's completely different and it took me around a year or so.

-What’s the best part of writing for you?

Telling the story.  Definitely.

-Are you reading or writing something else at the moment?

I just finished working on the first book of a new series which will hopefully be out later this year. It's urban fantasy with a lot of mythology elements to it, oh and angels, demons, and satyrs.

-Did you have support at the beginning and/or during your writing?

My family and friends are the best. They're always great for my sanity.

-Did you always had in mind to be a writer or it just happened?

It just sort of happened one day.

-How important you find the communication between you and your readers? Do you reply to their messages or read their reviews?

I reply to as many messages as I can, and I read all of my reviews that I get as well.

-Are you working on any other projects except writing, right now?

Playing through my games on my Playstation.



Now some simple questions and more fun^^

-Your favourite books and author?

I'm a Stephen King fan. I love a lot of his books. Definitely The Drawing of Three is my favorite.

-Your favourite band/singer?

Gavin Mikhail.

-Twitter or Facebook?

I live on Twitter.

-Favourite place in the world?

Being at home. It sounds lame, but I like being comfy in my pj's. If it can't be home, I'd say Disney World.

-Last movie you watched at the cinemas?

Water for Elephants.

-The last book you’ve read?

Pendragon: Soldiers of Halla by DJ MacHale

-Have you ever googled yourself?

Once just to make sure everything was up online where it should be.

-Writing, reading or hanging out with friends?

It depends on if I'm feeling inspired or not. If I am, then all I want to do is write.  Otherwise I don't mind going out and doing things with my friends. :)

-If you wouldn’t be a writer, what you would be?

I'd probably be doing everything I'm still doing now, minus the writing part.

-And last one....printed or ebooks?

That's a tough one. I actually like them both equally the same, but I love my e-reader.

The Dragon's Saga: Legends of the Oceina Dragon
Darien Oceina is the youngest son of the Great Dragon Lord of the Water. For years he's loved and cherished Tai Dawson from afar. Tai is a simple, ordinary girl who doesn't even know Darien exists. On his eighteenth birthday, he chooses her as his wife. But there’s one problem: She thinks his choice means she's going to be offered as a sacrifice to the Dragon Lord, but instead, she’s forced to move to his home, far away, to give up her life and be his bride.
When she first sees Darien after the ceremony, she doesn’t expect to feel anything but hatred toward him. The two are struggling with the complications of a new marriage when their nation is attacked by a rival dragon species. Together they learn to love one another while they struggle to stay one step ahead in a game where the prize is their survival.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...