Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Crucible Review



The Crucible is a 1996 drama film written by Arthur Miller and based on his play of the same name. It was directed by Nicholas Hytner and stars Daniel Day-Lewis as John Proctor, Winona Ryder as Abigail Williams, Paul Scofield as Judge Thomas Danforth, and Joan Allen as Elizabeth Proctor. Much of the filming took place on Choate Island in Essex, Massachusetts.


Wow, that was a short synopsis even for the Wiki standards



Review:

ANOTHER SHOT BARTENDER! keep em coming. Why? Well today is the anniversary when I was framed and betrayed by that asshole....I don't even want to talk about it. Ok fine, it was an idiot commander, that one that trapped me when I cornered Shadow. Yeah, that time when we threw grenades and shot anyone that was in our way. The first time we worked together. Anyway that commander managed to got away, and accused me of treason. Off course he was wrong, but they didnt believe me. They actually did not WANT to believe me, they were just blind to my reason and they seemed to accept anything he said. Wait, this reminds of "The Crucible"

I saw this movie yesterday, yes I know its old, I KNOW ITS OLD!.......DONT JUDGE ME!
Anyway, the whole thing began because a friend of ours gave us the movie after she found out about my interest in the witches and their story in Salem. She said it would be nice so I well... Anyway I always say that old movies are better than the new ones because they have to rely more on acting and less on photoshop and special effects. I was proven right by this movie.

The scenario is semi fictional. Its based on true events and people, but I think that most of it is fiction. However it was extremely well blend in the true flow of events that it actually made me even MORE curious as to find out what REALLY happened in the Salem witch trials.
Second thing I liked was the acting. I must admit I had a long time to watch such acting. I literally had no comment on anyone. Not one, "stupid face", or acting thingy that would seem unnatural to me. Every actor truly convinced me that they were actual people of that era living the whole Salem story.
To end with I really enjoyed the overall plot and music. The music was not always present and it was there to mostly emphasize or show emotion. By all means this was a very good movie!
I personally cant find anything that is a drawback other than the fact that its old

5 comments:

  1. Try Salem Witch Trials. I've never managed to watch it cause i was afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I have watched The Crucible or Salem Witch Trials on TV but I am not sure which one...
    The movie I saw rocked whichever it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so interested in witches and their story in Salem, i really wanna watch this one now !!

    ...but is it scary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no this one is not scary

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this post and wonderful review. I am going to search it online.

    Watch TV Shows Online

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...