Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Country Strong : Review


About: In "Country Strong" Hedlund plays a rising young singer/songwriter who becomes involved with a fallen country singer played by Paltrow. As they embark on a career resurrection tour with her husband/manager (Tim McGraw) and a beauty queen turned singer (Leighton Meester), romantic entanglements and old demons threaten to derail them all.


*this is a review yiota was going to do, but she has a lot in her mind right now, so I am doing it for her *

Review: The reason I watched this movie is yiota, I always take under consideration her proposals for movies. When I got the movie though and watched the five first minutes I stopped it, it was so boring, so flat, but after telling her, she was pushing me even more to give it a chance and I did.

First of all it surprised me a lot, I was expecting it to be dull like the beginning but it was gaining my interest in every minute. The plot is very interesting, it follows the tour of a country singer, who tries to gain the respect and fame she lost after going to rehab and also we are presented by the story of Hedlund a rising young singer/songwriter and a beauty queen who has stage fright but wants to became a singer. Furthermore, it is essential to mention that all the actors did a great job. G. Paltrow was amazing at her role, she was so real, so fragile,her performance was exquisite, also Leighton Meester was so different in this movie, she was sweet, shy, she unfolded a completely other part of her personality. Last but not least the two male protagonists were amazing too, but mostly I was overwhelmed by Tim McGraw (he portrayed the husband and manager of Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow).

On the other hand there were some things I did not like about this movie. Firstly I was watching it without subtitles and it was hard for me to understand what they were saying, not only because of the accent, but also because they were whispering. Secondly Garrett Hedlund did a great acting job but I did not like his character and I did not like him as well, but that is totally subjective.

To sum up it was a very good movie worth watching, so I recommend it to all of you! **SPOILER
there is something I must mention about this movie and that is the last performance of Kelly C, she does such a great show, the last song especially is thrilling. The ending of the movie is so unexpected and sad, it is a sock for the viewer but on the other hand it is a closure so it is reassuring at the same time..SPOILER**

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing it! You saved me XD

    I told you it was good! It's weird cause this movie has really bad reviews (at least at IMDB) and i was like "but i really liked it".
    My favorite part was the end as well. Even though sad, that last performance was WOW. Finally i could understand everything about her. The song totally fit Kelly's character.

    Leighton Meester was so cool! I'm used to her to being mean and manipulative at GG, and she was so different here.

    I never had doubts about Tim McGraw's acting, so no comment here.

    As for Garrett, i'm not sure about my feelings about him. He was such a good person but i didn't like some of the things he did. Once again, at the end i was finally able to truly understand his emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got this movie in my library Monday and as I was shelving it I asked one of the other librarians if she liked it. She blurted out the ending. :/ So, yeah. I'll probably still watch it at some point because it does sound interesting and I'm curious to see Leighton Meester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this but it wasn't released country-wide in the UK :( I'll have to wait until the DVD release.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...