Saturday, February 19, 2011

You Killed Wesley Payne : Review


About: You Killed Wesley Payne” is a truly original and darkly hilarious update of classic pulp-noir, in which hard-boiled seventeen year-old Dalton Rev transfers to the mean hallways of Salt River High to take on the toughest case of his life. The question isn't whether Dalton's going to get paid. He always gets paid. Or whether he's gonna get the girl. He always (sometimes) gets the girl. The real question is whether Dalton Rev can outwit crooked cops and killer cliques in time to solve the mystery of "The Body" before it solves him.

Review:You Killed Wesley Payne” is a book from Sean Beaudoin.

He's come to do a job.
A job that involves a body.
A body wrapped in duct tape found hanging from the goal posts at the end of the football field.

Things I liked: I really like mystery, detective novels, so when I read the book I liked the story a lot. It is an interesting book about a 17 year old boy who tries to solve a mystery, the death of a boy. The story is well written and has a lot of suspense. Finally the ending is unexpected and I enjoyed a lot the last chapters.

Things I did not like: Once again I did not like the main character of the book, Dalton Rev. He is a very “tough” guy, he is not afraid of anything or anyone and that was fake. He also did an unspeakable thing; he turned down a Harvard scholarship! Who does that? Also I did not like the writing style, it was too aggressive for me, but I think that’s because of Dalton, it is how he describes everything.

To sum up it is a good book, but I am not head over heels about it.

4 comments:

  1. I didnt kill him I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book, nor do I know that character but I don't find turning down a Harvard scholarship very strange. I can imagine many situations where just about anyone would turn down such an offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might try it!
    Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @antonakis: i disagree with you... it's an honner, it's a chance that many many people would kill for..

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...